Verified Reviewer

WtfSent money to a friend not knowing she had two accounts. The account I sent the money to has not been used in two years, and then it was only 1 time.

When I contacted C/S I was told that my friend would need to contact them to request the money to be sent back. My friend called, but they aren't taking calls due to "high call volume" and when she emailed them they replied with emails that only confused her!! Besides, she has no idea what email or phone number she used on the old account so not sure what problems THAT would add to this. I have made 3 requests for someone in C/S to call me, but it appears that they are not going to.

So now what, my money is just going to sit there, and she won't be able to use it and I won't be able to get it back?!?

This whole thing sucks....... I guess that is how Venmo makes their money, by stealing ours!

User's recommendation: Use Zelle.

Product or Service Mentioned: Venmo Money Transfer.

Venmo Cons: Horrible customer service.

Comments