Verified Reviewer

I've just been lucky enough to be a part of a short email conversation with at least 2 Venmo support employees, during which I found myself in a rather unique position. One of abject disbelief honestly, which then turned to annoyance, and then finally to a rather intense and focused anger.

I've archived the email conversation for sharing and my own records.

Without going into too many details right now, the short of it was, (in my opinion) a deliberate "joke", being played at the expense of my already Covid-frayed nerves.

Yes, you guessed right, I strongly feel I was being subjected to the 'dreaded internet troll'; or as the kids today would say, I was being 'trolled'. By your professional (paid) employees. Its always been my belief that the Customer Service Representative position in any company was the true face of the business and responsible for maintaining the reputation of said business.

If my belief turns out to be true, then I'm very surprised that Venmo supports these kinds of childish and, quite frankly, infuriating behaviors in your staff.

I've got a support ticket number I can provide, upon request, as well as a transcript of the short email conversation, again- upon request.

To really cap off this message, and bring home my point on why this incident has pushed me so far, is thus:

I am not a user/consumer of the Venmo application, and whatever account I may have with your company might have been created 7-10 years ago, and has maintained a zero-balance since its creation.

What started this all, was a simple request to stop receiving emails from Venmo.

Truly this all could have been sorted out painlessly, instead of resulting some kind of sick joke being played in an effort to get a rise out of me. Well, your staff succeeded in pushing my buttons, so here I am.

User's recommendation: Hope that the call center is open, and speak to a real person.

Product or Service Mentioned: Venmo Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Apology.