Verified Reviewer

2.6

Update by user Jul 09, 2021

Throughout an email chain more than 13 messages deep requesting an unfreezing of my account NO ONE at Venmo would explain why they froze my account, or what I did to unfreeze it. Total mystery!LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE!Nearly two weeks from the time they had frozen my account, without either pre-or post- payment remittance notice Venmo accomplished the transfer from our daughter to us.Their lack of communication is MOST FRUSTRATING.

Original review posted by user Jun 09, 2021

Previously I had received several small reimbursement payments from our daughter, just none in the past year.

When I asked: "Why was my account frozen?", the First level Customer Service rep would not answer my Q. She referred me to an email from almost two years ago that had long since been deleted.

Next level CS rep resent the email but would not answer my question!

I am now communicating with a fourth-level CS rep. Still, no CS rep has told me either their reason for freezing, or when I will have the account UN-frozen.

Communication is horrible; the CS reps simply EITHER do not read customer emails, OR they have no clue how to answer simple straightforward questions.

I am now 10-levels deep in a week-long email chain and have yet to receive a "responsive" (i.e., a response that actually addresses my questions) email from CS.

It had been deleted long ago

User's recommendation: Think SEVERAL times before using Venmo! Service is inexpensive but, in my experience, Customer Service is next to useless when a question arises.

Preferred solution: My account unfrozen so my daughter can send me reimbursement funds as she has done on occasion in the past..

Comments