Featured

You are taking my money

Venmo - You are taking my money
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
You keep taking my money then not giving it back when I try to utilize the tools you have provided. Therefore you have 48 hours to rectify this or I will contact MY lawyer. Good day Jan Barnes Ps I dont see my money damned quick you see a lawsuit.
Loss:
Cons:
  • You can get ripped off and venmo will let it happen

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t try they lie and take your money

Michele S Efa

Venmo said transfer complete but recipient didn’t receive $

I transferred money to my daughter. Venmo said it was complete but she didnt receive any money. Customer support is just a recording. No one to ask for help.

Preferred solution: Explanation

Melissa M Njt

Verified Reviewer

Customer service doesn't exist!!

Venmo - Customer service doesn't exist!!

Help support doesn't really exist. Contact us.

The phone number takes you on a loop that never ends with an actual human being. Even the chat robot or whatever does not help. There's literally no way to get a human being to answer you. At least after 5:00 and my situation, the prompts tell you to push one two, and then nothing one and two do not work they have nothing to do with you, but you click on them anyway.

It takes you to another press one or two options that have nothing to do with yours. There's no way to get to a human being, I'm telling you. And their messages whatever chat Bots or whatever are useless 100 million percent useless so disappointed cuz I've been with venmo for a very long time and for some reason I have a new phone and needed to log in again, I thought I was using the right passcode but not 100% sure. It went to my normal venmo page, and then I attempted to send five whole dollars to a PTO, and it froze my account.

I don't know anyone money there's money in my account. What the *** I did send a picture of my photo ID to God knows where, and that can take up to 7 days. It's not a very good banking system.

In my opinion, I will probably switch to PayPal or something else. I'm so disappointed this used to be so easy.

Pros:
  • Normally easy to borrow a few bucks and pay back
Cons:
  • Phone number available does not take you to a real person
  • Cant chat with a human
  • If you changed phones it freezes your account for no other reason

Preferred solution: My account is unfrozen. There was no reason other than I bought a new phone.

User's recommendation: Don't ever think that there is a real customer service human being there to help you ever. So if you don't mind dealing with a robot the whole time, go for it.

Tasha m Hfx

Verified Reviewer

I had missing payments due to having an old phone number connected to my Venmo account. Had to update new number and they refunded me all the money I should’ve received

The person I spoke to name was star he or she was very nice and eager to help. They were able to see the problem and went as far to reimburse me the money I was owed, even though they couldnt get it back either. This person was a super star and I would recommend anyone to the chat line if they have issues
Pros:
  • Helpful easy to contact

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Highly professional and ready to fix any problem they can.

Ahmed M Vpq

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Bolton, Bolton

+447387****56

Venmo - +447387****56
Venmo - +447387****56 - Image 2
I am not scared I get on my bus Qickley to go to school or else I can bring him to redwood or else I can bring venom to Pakistan or India I can get gun from paksistan biggest gun and I can shoot him in the head like very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very. Fast shoot from Ahmed Mustafa

User's recommendation: My fueris in England my futer street is call st 1 Pattison close Rochdale OL127Uz

Ellen R Uhn

Someone hacked my ***

Venmo - Someone hacked my ***
I would like to speak with so in person. Be ause I have never used you. I was wanting to but someone has already put all of my Information in and used a different email address that I did not put in.

Preferred solution: I would like to get this issued resolved before I take further actions.

Marci J Jmm

Verified Reviewer

Closed account wit my money in it

Venmo - Closed account wit my money in it
Venmo - Closed account wit my money in it - Image 2
Updated by user Mar 07, 2024

I contacted customer service but have yet to speak with a live person. I was told via email that they could hold my money up to $180 days for loss prevention however my account was only open for 2 days they can see what the *** I purchased which was nothing but Bitcoin so I want to know what the holdup is with me getting my money

Original review Mar 07, 2024
I open an account had something to put money in it so I can have money as I was going through a hard time, so I bought Bitcoin but I never received the Bitcoin or my money back so I called and they reverse the Bitcoin, I was trying to sell it back because it was dropping, but I've never seen my money and they close my account with the money in it.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Take ur money and lock ur account

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not ever use Venmo.

map-marker New York, New York

Can’t get back on the app

Venmo - Can’t get back on the app
I have tried to get back on my app. I have recently got a new phone so I was trying to set up all my apps and I havent had nothing but trouble trying to get on this app and customer service has been no help. They want you to get on the website and that does not work either.

User's recommendation: Don’t bother

Young Ju S

Adding bank account

Venmo - Adding bank account
I wanted to add my bank account at my Venmo account and says that I can not add my account. I need help
Resolved
Floree Cuu
map-marker Fairmont, West Virginia

Resolved: I didn’t do anything wrong. Bi was trying to transfer and didn’t understand about instant transfers. Talked to a gentleman on the phone and he corrected me.

Venmo - I didn’t do anything wrong. Bi was trying to transfer and didn’t understand about... - Image 2
Updated by user Mar 03, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I finally had the money sent to the man who paid me.

I wasn’t going to try and transfer it again because I knew they would freeze my account again. I canceled my account and will never use them or their parent company PayPal again.

I truly advise people to especially not use Venmo. I’m know I’m not the only one they have done this to.

Original review Feb 02, 2024
UA friend bought something from me. He deposited money into my account and I tried to instant transfer it. He told me those were for bank debit cards only. I hit the regular transfer and was told my money would be at my bank by January 29. Then it was suspended and has been for 8 days now, I dont know what else to say. That money is very important and Ive been waiting too long for it.

User's recommendation: Use a credit card

Bruce D Orm

| map-marker Hillsboro, Oregon

I can’t send money

Venmo - I can’t send money
I cant send money they said there is issues with my payment and I dont know why they are saying that
Jair N

Bussines

Venmo - Bussines
Venmo - Bussines - Image 2
Venmo - Bussines - Image 3
Venmo - Bussines - Image 4
pesima aplicación se congela la cuenta y no si nadie quien ty siude Arkansasesolvernopuedes hacer nada ni enviar ni recibir
Loss:
Pros:
  • Ninguna
Cons:
  • No funciona

User's recommendation: No te

Resolved
Patricia C Gum

Resolved: Venmo issue

Updated by user Apr 15, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They gave the deposit back

Original review Apr 08, 2024
There is no one to talk to. You can't send a customer support email with the links that they have on there website. I need help and if they seem to not give a *** about their customers. I have lost all patients for 2 hours trying to figure this out and send a support ticket.

Preferred solution: A human to talk to

Kristin F Fkw

Verified Buyer

Dispute

Venmo - Dispute
Venmo - Dispute - Image 2
Someone filed a dispute against me and is lying she bought stuff From My Store is now saying she did not receive it, but she did not pay it and clearly you see that she paid money. I told her not to pay me on Venmo that I was Having problems with my Venmo at the time, I specifically told her over and over again to pay me on PayPal, but she did not listen and decided to send it on Venmo. This is not my problem. This is her problem.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy access to paying friends and getting reimbursed
Cons:
  • People like these

User's recommendation: Don’t use vemmo

map-marker New York, New York

Mercedescarrion360&yahhocom

Venmo - Mercedescarrion360&yahhocom
Hola necesito hablar con alguien en español por favorI need to withdraw my money from the application but it tells me to add many cards so it won't let me withdraw my money

User's recommendation: I need to withdraw my money from the application but it tells me to add many cards so it won't let me withdraw my money

InsaneHurricane

Verified Reviewer

The amount of negative experiences I have had with Venmo are very slim.

Venmo has been a quick and easy way to transfer money to friends and family. Transferring money to my own bank account has also been virtually painless aside from the fees, which I dont agree with.

However, I totally understand the need to make money when youre running a business, so this is obviously a given, especially when youre providing a service thats designed to help people who need a reliable service to pay out or even receive money from others.

I've been using Venmo for quite a while now, and while I like how user-friendly the app and website are, I don't believe that this is truly the most important aspect of running a business. There is a lot more to it than having a pretty face.

The problem with Venmo- all the negative reviews aside- is not only that the service may be unreliable at times or that the service is subpar compared to similar services (especially if you take the time to read insightful reviews from the very people who have experienced problems), but the real problem lies within the image they are beginning to build when it pertains to their consumer base.

As someone who has been a casual user of their service for quite some time, I began to receive advertisements for their recently established credit card. This was totally fine because I don't mind receiving offers for lines of credit if they come from reputable companies, but when I began to consider the idea of applying for their credit card sometime in the future, I scrolled down to the fine print and there it was. "The Venmo Credit Card is issued by Synchrony Bank."

Really, Venmo?

If it isn't bad enough that consumers are flocking to the Internet to complain about problems they've encountered when using your service via various platforms, you decided to make a truly devastating decision to partner with Synchrony Bank- a company known to screw their customers over by punishing them for being responsible with their credit cards and keeping their balances low via methods like slashing their credit limits and destroying their credit.

Honestly, I know you probably won't read this review, but if you do, I hope you do your due diligence in researching this godawful company. If you care about building a more positive image or even care an ounce about your customers, hopefully you'll reconsider your partnership with this unethical company who does not GAF about its customers, especially if you want people to apply for your credit card or to even continue doing long-term business with you. In my opinion, you truly risk this company destroying your relationships with your customers and even running them into the ground. Once Synchrony destroys their credit and punishes them for being smart about their credit card usage, they'll end up running your customers off to where you'll end up losing the very people who helped to build your company up to what it is today.

If companies would actually make smart decisions and stop forming partnerships with destructive companies, they might end up having very strong and long-lasting business-client relationships.

Once people realize that they're signing up for a card that's issued by a company who has a neverending plethora of abusive practices and one that is essentially designed to eventually obliterate their credit, maybe they'll stop supporting and giving money to businesses that aim to screw them over.

You can definitely trust Synchrony to destroy your reputation and to run your customers off for good if that's what you're going for. I sincerely hope you make better choices in the future, such as opening an account with a more reputable company to issue your lines of credit instead of one whose aim is to cause harm to its customers.

Pros:
  • Ease of access
  • Reliable app and website
  • Low fees
Cons:
  • Customer service appears to be subpar and unhelpful at times
  • Take a cut of your money
  • Needs improvement with customer service and combatting fraud

Preferred solution: I would like to see that Venmo considers transitioning to another financial institution to offer lines of credit to their customers. Synchrony is evil.

User's recommendation: Venmo is okay as a service, but I do not and cannot recommend that you sign up for their credit card. If you do this, you’re legitimately playing Russian Roulette with your credit.

Chrisette Jds
map-marker Austin, Texas

Don’t want to pay a dollar on a credit card to talk with your people.

Venmo - Don’t want to pay a dollar on a credit card to talk with your people.
I wanted to share information about a 99.9% scam email. Did the chat, sent a link to give a credit card info for a dollar which would be refunded to talk to a live person.

Venmo FAQs

Winnie Murugi
Winnie Murugi
PissedConsumer Reporter

Venmo is a payment application running on both Android and iOS devices. Launched in 2009, it allows completing funds transfer transactions among account holders.

How to add money to Venmo?

Verified account holders can add funds to their balances in the application by tapping the Manage Balance menu item. It may take up to five working days for the transfer to be completed. The status of all personal transactions can also be checked in the app.

How to delete a Venmo account?

As for now, the account cancellation can only be completed from a PC using the required menu item in the Profile section. The option isn’t available in the app. Before cancellation, it is necessary to transfer all remaining funds and complete all transactions.

How to cancel Venmo payment?

Payments made to existing accounts cannot be canceled. All transferred funds are made available to the recipients immediately. The only way to return the payment is to ask the recipient to resend the same amount.

How to send money on Venmo?

Sending funds can be completed with the Pay button. Account-holders don’t need to transfer money to their balances to make payments. The transferred amount will be funded by an external source if you don’t have enough funds on the Venmo balance.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article