Verified Reviewer

I have spoken to people through that useless customer “service” chat. I would like to speak to someone through the phone, but your customer service is “closed”? Um, that’s the very definition of incompetence, first off.

I am not being listened to and I am disgusted with Venmo and I have had enough. Venmo is a platform where I am supposed to trust where my money is at, and I shouldn’t have to worry about using my own money without issues, ESPECIALLY such as the ones I am about to describe. Nope. After this ordeal is over with, and depending how this situation is handled from here, I am done using Venmo and I am going to CashApp, or some other service. Because Venmo is a piece of absolute *** service and has greatly disappointed me.

I began with $201.05 on 6/8/20.

The morning of 6/8/20, I attempted to withdraw money from an ATM machine at a Turkey Hill gas station. I cannot recall exactly how many, but I did make numerous attempts at the same ATM wondering if I used the wrong PIN, trying to figure out what was wrong. In the end, I never received the “$100” that Venmo claims that the ATM dispensed. Nothing. I tried to ask the employees of this gas station if they could help, but my situation was out of there control. So I immediately lost $100 of the bat... One. Hundred. *** Dollars. That is a good amount of money for someone who had errands to run this day.

Next is an amount of $2.11 from the same Turkey Hill. In panic, I entered the gas station and purchased one lighter from the front counter simply as a ‘test subject’, for I was investigating where the issue was. This is when I realized that it was not my physical Venmo card acting up. I point this out to you, Venmo, because I would not have even made this purchase if this had not occurred in the first place. I believe I should be refunded to the maximum extent, for this situation was totally uncalled for, unnecessary, and highly disreputable.

Next is the amount of $50.94. It was necessary of me to withdraw at least some amount of my money on this day, so I tried another method. I went to a grocery store to receive cash back. In order for me to do this, however, I needed to purchase something. It was another lighter for about 80 cents + tax. (I don’t even need lighters, they were cheap). Emphasizes that I wasted more of my money SOLELY for the reason that I needed MY cash. Sure, what’s 94 cents, right? That’s not the point, the issue is the bigger picture at hand. Failure of a digital payment service to accomplish what it was designed exactly to do. For that reason, I jumped through hoops to try to accomplish what I needed.

Finally, there are two of the same amounts of $13.90 taken from me. This was at a Dunkin Donuts in which my account was charged twice for the same purchase. Why? Again, exposing the lack of competency of an alleged “convenient” payment service.

After dealing with these difficulties, I determined that Venmo is a highly unreliable service that I regretfully trusted my money with. Believe me, I spread the word of this occurrence to every single person who I passed by. Friends, family, acquaintances of all kind have been informed by me not to rely on Venmo. Don’t even bother with it. “You will be robbed and disappointed” I emphasized. I am aware that I am not the only person to have gone through this issue either, for a friend of mine had just been upset only a few days ago confused as to where his $20-something had disappeared to in his Venmo. Now, I realize what he was talking about. And it’s absolutely disappointing. Thanks, customer service for being “so sorry” for what I went through. I don’t need to hear apologies, it means nothing to me at this point. I want action taken to compensate for where Venmo’s service failed me AND beyond that. I would expect a faithful company to go above and beyond for customers that they value and respect. Venmo you, however, lost every bit of my respect.

Additionally, it’s even more incompetent of having a customer service phone number that says it is closed. Absolutely pointless. And worse, for something that was not even slightly my fault, I am told to wait for this case to be disputed, investigated, etc. Again exposing the true value of its customers. If I do not receive more requital than I’ve received thus far, I will investigate more ways to do so. Venmo has turned into the *** most unreliable dirt service I’ve ever used. Refund me my *** money, you useless ***

User's recommendation: If I could give 0 stars I would. Don’t even waste your time. Save yourself a headache, trust me.

Location: Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania